It’s ready! The third version, and hopefully near final, Chaffee Comprehensive Plan is now ready for review and feedback. There are several ways to participate in this final review process. We want to hear both what you think still needs improvement as well as what you support. Choose to participate in the way that works best for you!
First, you can read the plan here or on the Together Chaffee homepage.
Second, a feedback survey is available on the website until December 12th at 5:00 p.m.
Third, we are hosting an online live Q&A event to provide you an opportunity to ask questions about the plan and learn more. This will be on December 8th. Stay tuned for more details.
Fourth, written comments may be emailed to Jon Roorda, Planning Director, at email@example.com by December 11th at 5:00 p.m.
Finally, you can make an oral statement during the Public Hearing of the Planning Commission scheduled for December 15th at 5:30 pm on Zoom. You can get more information about the Public Hearing here. We encourage you to not wait until the last minute and take advantage of any or all the options above.
Visit the Together Chaffee Get Involved page for additional information.
There is a lot in this plan and it reflects a lot of work being done by the wonderful organizations, boards, volunteers, and staff around the County. When it comes to a vision for land use, this plan reflects two interrelated and interdependent principles to keep town, town and country, country. First, to focus high-quality and higher intensity growth near existing communities to, and second, to ensure development in unincorporated areas meets high quality design and use standards. The plan identifies the next steps for the County to move this vision forward including:
1. A land use code update that includes a new zoning code that allows for a mix of development types at different densities.
2. Municipal – County collaboration and the necessary infrastructure analyses to enable more development in and around the municipalities at greater densities.
3. Completion of the resource assessments, maps, and plans to guide the development of appropriate subdivision and zoning standards that will protect priority sensitive areas, open lands and community assets.
4. Completion of a Regional Multimodal Transportation Plan that addresses the need for better road and multimodal connectivity
5. Identification of specific sites and zoning districts that prioritize and incentivize the development of affordable and attainable housing to support the economy and local workforce.
6. Identification of funding sources to support development of multimodal infrastructure (roads, pedestrian and bicycle trails, airport, rail, telecommunication, freight and transit) and affordable housing.
We are sincerely grateful for your part in creating this Comprehensive Plan and hope this vision, while not perfect, reflects a positive direction for the Chaffee County.
Together Chaffee is a project of Chaffee County focused on strengthening our community’s unique assets and create a more prosperous future for all. For more information visit https://www.togetherchaffeecounty.org/